1. ROLL OUT OF your bed (you don’t stand up in smoke or fire; you stay low to the ground where the air is cooler and cleaner).
2. CRAWL to your door, put your hand on it to see if it’s hot (we don’t’ want to open the door to a fire without knowing it in advance).
3. In this scenario, your door is cool to the touch. Then we’re going to yell, at least 3 times, as loud as we can, ‘FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!
4. crawl, FAST, to the door of the house we’re going to escape through
5. stand up and run like mad to our “safe place.” The safe place is a predetermined meeting place outside of your house in case of emergency.
6. wait at the safe place for your family to meet you there
Please download and print the get away arrows heregothiswayArrows.pdf